We are always pleased to receive resumes and portfolios from people who are passionate about design, horticulture, botany and craft.
Current Employment Opportunities
Pistils Nursery is seeking friendly, team-oriented, creative, retail team members who are equally passionate about plants, hard work and customer service. Retail team members must love connecting with like-minded plant enthusiasts, as well as patiently teaching folks new to plants about everything Pistils has to offer.
Areas of Responsibility
- Meet monthly sales goals
- Provide on point, brand standard customer service
- Coordinate and execute daily tasks effectively and efficiently
- Assist with inventory management for product & supplies restocks
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop, assisting with displays and visual merchandising as needed
- Works with a sense of urgency, always seeking to improve shop cleanliness, visuals, and plant health
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2 or more years working experience in a retail or service environment
- 2 or more years working in a plant-related field, nursery or garden center OR 1 year working in a plant- related field and 1 year of plant-related education
- Genuine passion and interest to learn more about indoor & outdoor plants
- Enjoys and has experience working with people in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with friendly disposition who is comfortable following instruction
- Good communication skills; able to multi-task; attention to detail
- Experience receiving and processing inventory and familiarity using a iPad POS system
- Merchandising experience a plus, but not required
- High School Diploma
- Ability to lift 50 lbs; comfortable using a hand truck and moving large plants
- Ability to work in all types of weather
- Computer experience; comfortable with iPad POS system, Google Drive & Apps
- Comfortable climbing ladders
How to Apply
Please send your résumé with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying to in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions.
- Why do you want to work at Pistils Nursery?
- What is your favorite plant and why?
- Share a memorable botanical experience, in the garden, on the street or otherwise.
These positions are part-time with the potential to expand to full-time, starting at 30-34 hrs/week. Candidates must be available to work weekends. Positions are open at both our flagship store on N. Mississippi Ave, as well as our new location in Slabtown.