Aglaomorpha coronans - Basket Fern
Agloamorpha coronans is an epiphytic basket fern from Southeast Asia. This easy-to-grow fern has amazing bright orange, fuzzy "feet" and shiny, serrated, green fronds. In nature, this fern clings to the sides of trees and grows tight-knit fronds in the shape of a basket to funnel rain and falling debris toward its roots. Sometimes these basket fronds turn brown with age, similar to a Staghorn Fern's shield fronds—this is completely normal!
Basically, this perfect fern reminds us of all of our favorite ferns at the same time:
- The funnel shape of Birds Nest Ferns
- The shield fronds of Staghorn Ferns
- The textured surface of Crocodile Ferns
- The fuzzy rhizome of Rabbit's Foot and Blue Star Ferns
• Light: Bright, indirect light
• Water: Water when the top 1-2" of soil feels dry
• Considerations: This fern can handle periods of neglect better than other ferns, but we still recommend about once a week waterings when grown indoors. This fern makes a great candidate for mounting! The fuzzy roots will climb the mounting material and start to form a basket shape.
What to Expect
You'll get a healthy Aglaomorpha coronans that meets our rigorous quality standards in a 4" nursery pot – Planter sold separately. No two plants are alike, and yours will have its own unique shape, size and personality. Expect this natural variation from the photos.
Our plants include detailed care instructions as well as our Houseplant Best Practices guide, with information on how to repot, seasonal care and more!
We include shipping box warmers at no charge as needed. Got questions? Check out our FAQ!